1. How to open a case for the customer manually?
2. How to respond or route an existing case?
When responding to a case.
- Make sure that the case is in the correct queue first. Otherwise, route it properly.
- Once the category and queue are set properly, you have to assign that case to yourself before responding.
- When responding to the user with the email, always respond with 'Reply All' and make sure to remove 'Helpdesk Mailbox' or 'General Queue' in the To/CC field of the email.
- Proofread your email to ensure there are no mistakes, typos, and grammatical errors. The email style should be always formal in language.
- Every email that is sent from Dynamics will have email@example.com as the from address. So, make sure to include your signature for every response.
- Your email signature has to be consistent with the rest of the team, see below for the template.
When assigning a case.
- Set the category & sub-category appropriately for the case and click on 'Save & Route'.
- Do not assign to a Team directly using the 'Assign' button. Save & Route will transfer the case to the proper queue with the proper team as owners.
- You can assign a case to yourself if it is in your queue.
- You can assign a case to another user only if they are in the same queue where the case currently is.
To Access Attachments/Screenshots.
- To view email attachments or screenshots added to the email, click on the 'Related' Tab in the top section of the case and select 'Documents'
- Assign to a person directly without setting the category and routing a case.
- Send an email without a helpdesk signature.
- Send an email without proofreading and in an informal style.
- Send an email without reading the most recent email conversations.
- Respond to a case without assigning it to yourself.
Email Signature Template
Copy and paste the following email signature for your profile.
Academic & Campus Technology Services
University of Bridgeport
firstname.lastname@example.org || +1 203-576-3300
Please refer to our knowledge base for self-service at https://helpdesk.bridgeport.edu